Every machining shop has its choice material. At Semco, that material is carbon graphite. We know the ins and outs of this material and can talk all day about isostatic vs. extruded graphite, or about graphite’s conductive and heat-resistant properties. While we are experts at graphite machining, we generally do not machine metal. Nevertheless, Semco Carbon occasionally receives metal fabrication RRF’s, projects we are not equipped to produce in house. Conversely (if you are a metal machining shop), your facility might receive graphite or carbon RFQ’s, projects that you are not equipped to produce.
We would like to start a dialog with like-minded metal machining shops to exchange these projects. The benefits of such a partnership would be enormous. We could eliminate “no quote” responses to your valuable customers, for instance. If a customer comes to you with a graphite machining need, Semco could work up a quote and send directly to you or to your customer, based on your preference. Of course, we will reciprocate by including your company in our RFQ’s for all metal-related projects that we receive. There would be no need to turn away a customer needing graphite machining -- you would have the carbon graphite experts at Semco as your partners.
In such a partnership, everybody wins. Not only can your company make more revenue, but you will keep your customers happy, prevent competition by offering all-inclusive solutions, and even expand your customer base. We all know that making things easy for the customer is a good way to attract more business.
Here’s what Semco hopes a metal shop can do for us:
- Provide our traditional customers with solutions that include metal machining, in addition to graphite machining.
- Provide materials & machining expertise when it comes to metal machining.
- Allow us to be competitive on all metal RFQ’s we generate, but cannot produce internally.
In return, here’s what we believe Semco can offer your metal machining shop:
- 40+ years of expertise in machining exclusively carbon graphite and other carbon materials.
- Custom graphite and carbon composite grades.
- Existing large inventory of raw materials, including a large selection of ISO-molded, molded, and extruded graphite grades.
- Application engineering and advice on design, as well as proper material selection.
- Contaminate-free finished product, exclusively dry (no coolant) machining, and a high volume dust extraction system.
- Application-specific purification, impregnations, and coatings as value added services.
- Custom blank sizes. If you must produce parts internally, we can eliminate the need to buy full size blocks or rods.
We are eager to hear from metal machining shops interested in this opportunity for partnership with a respected carbon graphite machining shop. The benefits are undeniable. As for downsides, well...we honestly can’t think of any.Reach out to Semco Carbon and let’s collaborate and grow our businesses together.